On the heels of the Cotton Reboot in 2021, ININ Games has announced that Cotton Fantasy is launching next month on May 20 for the Playstation 4 and Nintendo Switch.
Retailing for $39.99, Cotton Fantasy sets the stage for a new adventure, 30 years after the Cotton Series premiered. The plot of the game focuses around the willows vanishing from Fairyland, with the Fairy Queen entrusting Silk to solve the case in exchange for a lifetime of ‘all-you-can-eat’ tasty willows.
Features of the game include:
- HD graphics & brand-new shoot ’em up game mechanics
- 6 iconic, playable characters to choose from, each with different mechanics and attacks, even including guest characters like Umihara Kawase (from the equally named series) and Luffee from Doki Doki Poyacchio
- Easily accessible Shoot ’em up gameplay, perfect for newcomers, but with enough depth for veterans
- 16 colourful and varied scrolling stages to unlock, with vertical, horizontal, and 3D movement
- Light-hearted story with fun and charming cutscenes voiced entirely in Japanese (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish subtitles included)
- Exhilarating soundtrack featuring iconic remastered tracks from past games
- Unlockable content and different characters offer high replayability
- Aim for the high score in your nation and globally with the featured ranking boards
View the trailer and screenshots below, and visit the ININ Games website for ordering information.